Monday, September 22, 2008

ಕಿರಂ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಡಾ|| ಯು.ಆರ್.ಅನಂತಮೂರ್ತಿ...


On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 U R Ananthamurthy wrote :
Dear Satya
You are movingly excellent on Kiram. I have felt this in him. He considers me a guru but more truly I consider him a guru- for I have learnt from him. My reading in Kannada is not as wide as his. I find it difficult to tell him what you have written and I also feel, because all praise embarrasses him. He is a mad lover of literature- particularly poetry- and these days he has become more coherent to listeners in meetings. But he was always original in small circles.Ananthamurthy

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 5:29 PM, satyanarayana krishnamurthy <satya_k_21@rediffmail.com> wrote:
My Dear Sir,If my piece on kiram is good all the credit goes to kiram only. I am yet to see a person who has internalised such vast reading and convert the same into passion. His rereading and unlearning is very inspiring and in this regard he scores Kurthakoti too. I also feel embarrassed to tell all these things to him. I avoided meeting him after writing this piece.
This is first part. In second part I intend to write on personal aspects.

Thirumalesh’s translation of Rilke novel is very good. It opens new vistas. The feelings you have expressed about kiram needs circulation atleast among close friends. If you permit I will circulate your letter.
Regards
- Satyanarayana
U R Ananthamurthy wrote :
Yes. I want all my friends to know how unique is Kiram in the world of letters-- I do mean in the WORLD of letters. After Dr Johnson in England the oral tradition has almost disappeared. Kiram speaks and he feels it is as good or better than writing. His vinaya is endless.
afflyAnanthamurthy
(ಫೋಟೋ ಕೃಪೆ : ಸಂಪದ.ನೆಟ್ )

1 comment:

hpn said...

Satyanarayan,

Please give credits for the photo.